Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Back from the dead

So I decided to start blogging again. I've gotten to a place where I think I need to put some thoughts into words, and a blog is a great way to do that. Hopefully, I'll actually stick to blogging this time. Random musings and such to follow (since this is sort-of the first blog post):

Yes, if any of you have ever visited my blog before, I deleted all the old posts. They were from two years ago and I wanted a completely fresh start with this. But before I did I read them all, and it was cool to see how far I've come.

Crazy, but I'm almost done with my first year of college already. And probably looking at joining the masses of major-changers within the next few days. It's not really a big deal, I just feel like God's taking me in a different direction than the one I'm currently going in.

God has placed me in an incredible family now that I am a part of the BRH choir and it is easily the greatest thing that has happened to me. I love when God does things in your life that you didn't even expect. By simply looking to play bass in some choir a couple of people had told me about, I've found some of my best (or rapidly-becoming-so) friends. It's amazing.

BRH played in chapel today and I loved it. I really enjoy playing my bass and apparently it shows. I got tons of "good job"s and I was very happy to receive them, but one thing that stuck out to me was that multiple people pointed out that I just looked "so happy" on stage. Like, I heard other BRH-ers get encouragement, but not anything as specific as what I was hearing about myself. I don't know where I'm going with this, I just thought it was really cool and encouraging. I guess it just reaffirms that playing in BRH is where God wants me to be.

Well I think that's about all for this time. But tune in next week (or year, or decade, or whenever I decide to post again) to hear more about my life. Same bat-time, same bat-channel!

-Andy

1 comment:

Gail (but you can call me G) said...

I promise I won't comment too often because, well I'm your mom and that's probably not cool. But I just wanted to say a couple of things. First, I'm so glad you are blogging again, because though you sometimes have a hard time articulating your thoughts when speaking, you do such a beautiful job of it when you write, so I love to read your writings. Second, you DO look full of joy when you play your bass. I watch you playing, and singing and worshipping so genuinely and with no self-conciousness at all, and it's a beautiful thing to see. And it is contagious to others, and that is just one way God is using you. We are so happy that God put you together with BRH, and it's clear to see how they are already becoming your family at Baylor. You are on a great journey with God and as long as you keep your ear tuned to His voice, we know you will be exactly where you need to be, doing exactly what you need to be doing. So proud of you!